2018 Tour de Yorkshire
Watch this space for the 2018 route!
Halifax has been announced as a host town for the 2018 Tour de Yorkshire.
The newly expanded four-day men’s race will take place between 3-6 May.
The Asda Women’s Tour de Yorkshire – which is doubling in size from one to two days - will be held 3-4 May.
The full route of the 2018 TdY will be announced in Halifax at The Piece Hall on 5 December.
Find out more on the VisitCalderdale website
The 2019 UCI Road World Championships are coming to Yorkshire.
Sir Gary Verity says:
"Yorkshire has shown it can host world class events with the Grand Départ, the Tour de Yorkshire and now the county has been chosen to host the UCI Road World Championships in 2019. This will be 12 races over eight days in this nine day event. We have got the scenery, we have got the warm welcome and we know we can bring the crowds."
The UCI Road World Championships is one of the most prestigious events on the professional cycling calendar.
Future UCI Road World Championships:
o 2017 - Bergen (Norway)
o 2018 - Innsbruck (Austria)
o 2019 - YORKSHIRE (GREAT BRITAIN)
· 1,000 of the best male and female riders from around 75 countries around the globe compete for the chance to win the iconic rainbow jersey.
· The event takes place over nine days and includes individual and team time trials as well as full road races for Under 18, Under 23 and Elite riders.
· 6,000-7,000 national federation members, delegates, technicians and journalists set to be in attendance.
· A predicted global televised audience in excess of 300 MILLION.
· The full route of the race in Yorkshire will be announced over the coming months.
Stay up to date
The pictures show some of the route for the triumphant 2014 Grand Départ, shared with the 2015 Tour de Yorkshire.